Smooth, plump, and even-toned skin. Having healthy soft skin is every woman’s dream. And maintaining one is every woman’s struggle! Your skin can become dull, lifeless, and uneven due to many factors. Age, sun exposure, smoking, and an unhealthy diet can make your skin look less than desirable.
A high-frequency treatment is a unique beauty treatment that can bring back your skin’s youthful glow. And it’s noninvasive and still an effective treatment. Professional treatments at the salon can eat a chunk of your budget.
The good news is, there are high-frequency machines that you can use at home. But is it safe? How often can you use high frequency on your face? We’ll answer that and more in this article.
What is A High-Frequency Treatment?
Portable handheld high-frequency machines are used to revive and rejuvenate your face. There are different types of high-frequency machines. But all functions in the same way. And they are also similar to the ones used in salons and spas.
These machines deliver oxygenated power through electrical currents. And high-frequency machines oscillate and generate heat. The heat produced tones and evens out the skin tone, which is the primary benefit of this machine.
But you’ll be happy to know that apart from skin toning, high-frequency machines have a lot more going for them. Let’s briefly talk about them.
What are the Benefits of a High-Frequency Machine?
High-frequency machines are going to give botox a run for its money. Aside from being noninvasive, it has a ton of wonderful benefits for your skin.
- It can help remove acne
- Minimizes pores and removes blackheads
- Promotes growth of hair
- Can freshen up your eyes and remove under-eye circles and bags
- Has a germicidal effect that can kill bacteria on the skin
- Improves blood circulation and stimulates blood flow. This will give you rosy cheeks
- Helps flush out toxins from the skin
- Plumps up sagging skin
- Lightens fine lines and wrinkles
- Can make cellulite less noticeable
- Gently exfoliates the skin
- Helps boost elastin and collagen production
- Hastens skin healing
- Can make your skin more receptive to beauty products
How Does High Frequency Work?
High-frequency machines are equipped with a bubble-like glass electrode bulb at the end. This glass electrode is applied to the skin. The electrode itself will produce argon, a gas that has a lot of benefits for your skin. And small electric currents pass through it, producing the smell of ozone.
And this also makes the device glow with a blue color. You’d also hear a buzzing sound when it comes in contact with the skin. And upon contact with the skin, it instantly kills bacteria. And the effects can be felt and seen after the testament.
Contraindications of High-Frequency Facial Treatment
As much as this treatment is safe, there are still several contraindications. Forgive us if we would burst your bubble, but if you have the following conditions, high-frequency treatment is not for you
- Rosacea or broken capillaries
- If you are pregnant
- Not okay for hypersensitive skin
- If you recently had botox or fillers
- People with severe migraine
- Any skin infections, disorders or syndromes
- Oper cuts and abrasions
- Eczema and asthma
- Cancer and diabetes
- Heart conditions and high blood pressure
- If you have any pacemaker or metal fillings
Tips Before Having Your High-Frequency Treatment
I’m pretty sure you’re excited! But before you start plumping up your skin, here are some things to remember.
- Remove any jewelry or metal objects in your body
- Don’t use a high-frequency device that has a broken bulb
- Always stay away from any combustible material
- Only use indoors
- Do not use any glycolic acid or harmful AHAs on your face before the treatment. This can dry out your skin.
How to Use a High-Frequency Device at Home
The perks of having a handheld high-frequency device are that you don’t need to schedule a visit to the salon. You can do it in the comfort of your own homes. And you get the same amazon results.
We’ve listed these simple steps that can help you with your skin rejuvenation at home.
- Cleanse your face.
- You may also apply a serum with growth factors. This can help speed up skin healing.
- Get a gauze pad and place it over your face.
- Turn the device on and hover the electrodes over the gauze pad.
- You should be able to feel a slight tingling sensation. If there isn’t any, you can turn the dial up a notch.
- Using circular motions, work on each area for no longer than 3-5 minutes.
- Once you’re done, turn off the device. And don’t forget to moisturize!
Is High Frequency Safe?
High-frequency treatments are deemed and tested safe. It’s a gentle yet effective method of skin rejuvenation. And it’s also very effective in acne treatment.
It’s so gentle that it can even be used by those with sensitive skin.
How Often Can You Use a High-Frequency Machine?
Though the number of treatments is based on our skin type, generally It’s gentle enough for once a day use. And each session is relatively short. High-frequency treatment for the face will only take 5 minutes per area of your time.
Though you might want to take it a notch lower in the colder months. High-frequency treatments can dry your face. A 3-4 times a week skin rejuvenation during the winter is recommended instead.
You may also like: Best Microcurrent Machine for Estheticians
Can I use a moisturizer after the treatment?
Yes, especially in the winter. It’s highly recommended to moisturize after the treatment since it can be drying. And high-frequency treatment can make your skin more receptive to moisturizers and creams.
Can I use high-frequency treatment on other parts of my body?
Yes, it can also be used on your back, arms, and legs.
When can I see results?
That would depend on your skin type and how receptive it is to the treatment. Continuous treatment is recommended to see visible results. But each treatment builds up on the last. So you’ll notice improvement on your skin every after each session.
Can I use high-frequency treatment on my sensitive skin?
Yes, it’s gentle enough for use on sensitive skin. But instead of daily treatment, you might want to reduce it to twice a week.
High-frequency treatments are non-invasive, gentle, and a simple method to rejuvenate your skin. But how often can you use high frequency on your face? Read our article to find out!