Lack of sleep, sun exposure, dehydration, and even genetics cause dark circles or under-eye wrinkles – having these are a nightmare, especially for ladies. More so, if you do not pay attention to this skin matter, you will probably have less confidence.
The good news is you can do something about it. Using coconut oil for dark circles and wrinkles is your gateway to perfect and radiant eyes.
A Quick Glance on Coconut Oil’s Potential Benefits
Coconut is often described to be a superfood. It captivates many individuals because of its potential health benefits.
The oil coming from coconut contains a high-level concentration of healthy fatty acid, which reduces inflammation. It also improves circulation whenever you extract it from the tree. You will also be amazed because its antioxidant components provide a glow and skin-strengthening formula.
With its unique property combinations, people see its potential and effectiveness for dark circle treatment under your eyes.
It’s true that when people get older, their skin becomes thinner as well. Such a process creates dark circles when blood vessels go visible under your eyes.
Here are the common factors why dark circles appear:
- Lack of sleep
- Sun exposure
- Allergies and other medical conditions.
Furthermore, you are here to discover how to remove dark circles effectively using coconut oil. Read more and discover the steps and things to remember.
Coconut Oil’s Effect on Treating Your Dark Circles and Wrinkles
Various studies are showing that coconut oil gets rid of your dark circles. People also believe that it’s indeed useful as a topical treatment for their skin in general.
More so, additional researches prove that coconut oil has an excellent contribution to cell turnover, which makes the skin surface and barrier strong and thick. Because of that fact, skin thinning causing under-eye wrinkles or dark circles gets a solution because of the wonders made by coconut oil.
What more? You can rest assured using coconut oil because this actually helps any inflammation on your skin. Coconut oil can undoubtedly treat your eye puffiness and dehydration.
All the more, coconut oil as part of dark circle remedies that work, it is also reliable for its healing properties. If your dark circles are accompanied with damaged skin or bruises, coconut oil will improve on your skin appearance by making your skin recover or heal faster.
Coconut Oil as the Simplest Solution for Your Dark Circles
Trying coconut oil for treating your under-eye dark circles requires keen knowledge. It is vital to check that you purchase the right virgin coconut oil dark circles remedy product. This coconut oil type is not bleached or modified, so you are secured to use non-preservative type.
After ensuring that you bought the right coconut oil type, you may follow the steps below.
- Wash and clean your face. Remove any beauty or makeup product on it. This allows your skin to absorb the coconut oil properly.
- Get a teaspoon of neutral temperature coconut oil. Gently massage your eyes with the oil. Give a 30-second massage for each of your eyes.
- Let your skin absorb the coconut oil entirely.
Steps for Reducing Dark Circles Using Coconut Oil
Before applying coconut oil to your under-eye skin, you must ensure that it doesn’t enter your eyes. Always use a verified coconut oil product so you will get the best results.
Here are a few ways to use coconut oil under eye wrinkles or dark circles.
- Coconut oil mixed with turmeric paste – You may use coconut oil mixed with turmeric paste for your dark eyes. Get a pinch of turmeric paste and some drops of coconut oil. After that, you can apply this mixture for about 15 minutes. Then, you just wipe it out with a clean cloth or cotton balls.
- Coconut oil mixed with almond oil – The mixture of coconut oil and almond oil give benefit for under your eyes. You can remove the dark circles by combining equal parts of almond oil and coconut oil. Apply the mixed oil and leave it for 4 to 5 hours on the desired spot. You may also leave it there overnight. Then wash it with water.
- Coconut oil mixed with essential oil – This mixture composed of coconut oil, and an essential oil like grape seed extract or sandalwood oil is also useful for getting rid of dark circles. Just add coconut oil and essential oil appropriately. Apply on your dark circle spot, then leave for 5 minutes. Use this regularly until your dark circles disappear.
The effect of coconut oil for dark circles relies intensely on the natural component of the product. It’s crucial to know the oil itself gives tremendous benefits as long as you know the proper steps of applying it. Also, regular use of coconut oil gives your skin the moisture it needs. Coconut oil will help you get rid of unwanted dark circles or wrinkles.
Some Precautions When Using Coconut Oil
Yes, coconut oil is popularly known to be safe as a topical treatment for dark circles and other skin problems. However, reports are showing some people incurring allergies while using the product.
For this reason, be sure to take a simple patch test on your skin before using coconut oil for dark circles or skin wrinkles and over your face. After trying the oil on a small skin area, wait for at least 24 hours, and observe if you get any adverse reaction.
To help you, the next section is your guide for other natural dark circle remedies aside from coconut oil.
Additional Natural Remedies for Dark Circles and Wrinkles
In case you have negative reactions with coconut oil, here are additional or alternative solutions for treating dark circles and wrinkles. These solutions include natural ingredients and dermatologist-approved products.
For natural options, you may try mixing aloe vera and coconut oil for dark circles treatment. You know that aloe vera has a soothing effect and also believed to create a sensational impact on the skin that improves its texture.
- There are other choices like lemon juice, almond, and turmeric mixture. You may also try the selections below to help you with your treatment process.
- Cucumber mask – this fruit has excellent hydrating and anti-oxidant components. Its anti-inflammatory effect also helps your skin recover its natural texture. Applying cucumber slices to both eyes for 10 to 15 minutes creates a relaxing and circulating sensation. This is also one of the best solutions for de-puffing your eyes.
- Arbutin – this bearberry extract corrects hyperpigmentation on the skin. Dark circle is a type of skin discoloration, so applying arbutin will help in toning your skin.
For over the counter options, you may visit a reliable drugstore and get a safe solution for dark circles and wrinkles.
There is a wide variety of oil vitamins and proteins that you can check out like:
- Anti-aging products
- Eye masks
- Eye creams; and
- Vitamin E supplements
Radical Reminder When Using Dark Circle Remedies
Above all else, treating your dark circles, wrinkles, and any other skin problems will be nonsense if you do not take care of your skin. Meaning to say, if you continue to make your bad habits, then all the efforts you do to get rid of these skin issues are in vain.
That is why you must remember that even if you are young or getting older, healthier skin relies greatly on your lifestyle. So, try to do these things to give your skin some treat:
- Get enough rest and sleep
- Always stay hydrated (drink at least 2 liters of water a day)
- Eat healthily and reduce processed food intake
- Stay active by doing physical activities
Aside from this, dark circles may also be an effect of stress. So, ensure that you have de-stressing moments from time to time.
You can prove that the use of coconut oil for dark circles is safe. It is considered as a natural means to keep your skin free from unwanted wrinkles or discoloration. But, you must always bear in mind that the product has varying effects depending on the user. So be aware of its impact and check the product first before completely using it. Moreover, you are always a step closer to beauty and confidence with the right knowledge and application.